Mantra Meditation requires using a sound, word or phrase to clear the thoughts from your mind so that you can focus. If you have problems with mental focus during meditation, then choosing a favorite mantra is recommended. In addition to using a mantra, you can use other mental focusing tools such as a visual object. Some of the favorite visual objects for meditation include burning candles, beautiful figurines, or a flower in a vase. Mantra meditation offers an assortment of benefits for your mind and body.
- Overcome Your Fears: With mantra meditation, you can overcome your fears. If you are planning on giving a speech at work or school, then by meditating, you can reduce your anxiety level before standing in front of a crowd.
- Improve Your Mindfulness: When you are lost in your negative thoughts constantly, you may not notice everyday things such as a bird chirping outside your window. With mantra meditation, you can turn off the horrible thoughts in order to have more mindfulness about what is going on around you.
- Reduce Your Depression: If you are struggling with depression, then begin meditating with a mantra. Depression often causes you to think negative thoughts rather than positive thoughts, but with a few minutes of meditation, you can lift your mood.
- Becoming Calmer: When you become anxious after a difficult day at school or work, take time for mantra meditation as soon as you get home. You can also begin your mantra meditation in your vehicle in the parking lot so that you are calmer before you drive home.
- Strengthen Your Immune System: If you get sick a lot, then strengthen your immune system with mantra meditation. When you meditate, your body’s glands release helpful hormones that boost your immune system so that you aren’t sick as often.
- Increase Your Concentration: When you can’t concentrate while taking a test, begin mantra meditation to increase your thinking skills. With better concentration, you can choose the right answer in order to receive a higher grade.
- Prevent Dementia: If you are concerned about developing dementia as you age, then have a mantra meditation routine. There is new evidence that mantra meditation helps to keep the synapses in your brain healthier.